The sixth international Women in HPC workshop will be held at ISC17, Frankfurt, Germany. This workshop aims to provide leaders, managers, and individual contributors in the HPC community with methods to improve diversity while providing early career women an opportunity to develop their professional skills. Following the overwhelming success of the WHPC workshop’s in 2016 we will once again discuss methods and steps that can be taken to diversify the workforce by discussing the following topics:
- How to successfully identify and address real and perceived discrimination in the workplace.
- Current research and open discussion on the roadblocks facing those in underrepresented groups that we may be overlooking.
- The benefits of mentoring and professional networks and how to use these networks to learn and apply learnings to your career.
We will also offer opportunities aimed at promoting and providing women with the skills to thrive in HPC including:
- Poster session including ‘lightning’ talks by women working in HPC
- Speed networking
- Handling conflicts at workplace and how to respond to discrimination wisely
- Short talks on hints and tips for public speaking, how to take the next step in your career, effective workplace communication.